May 18, 2021
Having grown up in a household
influenced by healthcare and business, Wendy Ryan shared multiple
insights about Human Resources and Organization Development. She
runs an interdisciplinary team of organizational change experts at
her company, Kadabra.
Highlights of our interview
- Any future vision for changes in organizational
culture requires time
- People get saturated with
- Leaders need to stay curious
- Leaders need to assess, “am I bringing people
- Assess all internal processes - look for
inclusion starting from hiring and onboarding
- Now that most workforces are hybrid, we need to
rely on two key traits:
- A growth mindset is predicated on the belief
that we can grow!
- For each employee/team-member, identity
matters. And that means that for some leaders and long-term
employees, there might be some unlearning to do.
- Consider three buckets:
- Mindset - How do you think?
- Skillset - What do you know?
- Behavior - How are you showing up to
- Remember that Human Systems are biological and
therefore organic. It’s time to let go of mechanistic, non-human,
models for managing any business.
Wendy’s new book is called
Learn, Lead, Lift. Worksheets and other free resources are
available at www.LearnLeadLift.com
Wendy can also be reached
Thank you for listening to One Sharp Sword! Be sure to
also check out Wednesdays With Wayne for quick, fun, and
inspirational mid-week reading. www.WaynePernell.com/blog